Daniele Massaro: ‘The Marseille defeat filled us with grief. But we came back’

Like Liverpool, my Milan side lost a Champions League final but made it back the next year – the problem was we were facing Cruyff’s Barcelona

In the 1993 Champions League final my Milan team faced Marseille. We were the favourites but lost. The following year we were back in the final to face Barcelona, looking for revenge. So in that respect we were in a similar situation to the one Liverpool are this Saturday, hoping to make amends after the disappointment of the previous year.

Losing against Marseille was a bitter blow and I’ve had my boots ready to replay that final ever since then. If someone said right now: “Would you play a rematch against Marseille now,” I would do it. That defeat wounded me like few other things in my life.

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2QzbfPT

Comments

Popular Posts